Newspapers are printed publication that contains information about the world’s happenings and has been used for many years. The newspaper was created to inform the public about current events in the world of culture, politics shows, weather, sports and other current events and information. Newspapers are published daily to keep people aware of what’s happening in the world or in their city, country, and local area. Additionally, newspapers are typically specific to a particular city or country. They played a vital role in the past when there were no means or other resources to keep up-to-date with the latest Watan news. Even now there are people who need their newspaper on their breakfast table each day.
News reading is an habit for some people many teachers and parents develop this habit with their children from a young age. In addition to improving abilities to read, it serves as a source for information for them as well. Newspapers, whether they are online or printed can transform the reader into an educated citizen. The act of reading a newspaper is similar to being aware of what’s happened over the last 24 hours. With the latest technology, people see what happened in the last few minutes. You can check the headlines or read them any time, from anywhere. There are pros and cons to everything The same goes for newspapers, on the internet or not.
The act of reading newspaper (in all forms, whether online or newsfeeds offline) is essential for children who are interested in understanding technology. The course I offer is Artificial Intelligence to K-12 students and one of the most important aspects to understanding AI is understanding the ways it is used (and used incorrectly!) in real life and the news articles that result from it. I frequently share news items with my students in order to show an understanding of what is happening in the real world.
In this blog we’ve discussed some advantages and disadvantages of reading newspapers for students. Take a look at them all and make a decision the best option for your child!
The advantages of newspapers for students
- Newspapers help improve the comprehension and reading skills of students. The ability to learn new words from news newspapers or articles and using them in everyday life expands the vocabulary of students.
- Newspapers deliver the news of the world right to your door. It doesn’t require going the extra mile or exerting effort.
- Students can check out news anytime any time, wherever, whether they’re on a bus to school or returning. Newspapers printed in paper are light and portable as well as online news is a mere mouse click away from smartphone or tablet.
- Newspapers increase students’ general understanding of students, which increases their confidence.
- Newspapers are a source of information, large or small, on the world of showbusiness or entertainment. It’s the best way for students to remain connected to the glamourous world.
- With a newspaper at hand students will be able to learn about the state of the economy in the country and what’s happening on the trade and commerce market. This information is helpful for entrepreneurs and business students.
- Newspapers provide information about prices budgets, rates, and budgets for food items and many other items. Teachers often require their students to take a look at these things in order to test their thinking skills.
- Puzzles, comics and tongue twisters and short tales or crosswords that are on an end of newspaper will draw children’s attention and is a healthy and enjoyable game for them to play.
- Newspapers don’t cost much and students can pay for them with pocket money as well. Technology advancement has made everything available for free to all.
- The reading of news can help students improve their grammar, and ultimately make them writers with grammatical proficiency.
- Newspapers are great for new graduates. Even in the present, many people do not have internet access. Newspaper ads for jobs provide these students opportunities to work.
- Daily newspaper reading gives an understanding of the world and lets students be part of conversations.
- Newspapers are available in every language, which means no one has the chance to be informed about the world.
- Articles and columns published in newspapers aid students and other readers understand the other’s viewpoint. In essence, it increases the knowledge of a specific subject.
- Newspapers usually cover topics which aid students complete their projects or research.
- The act of reading a newspaper transforms one into a confident and articulate speaker because the knowledge that you gain from it allows them to talk about the world without doubt.
- With the help of newspapers the sports fans stay informed on the latest news in sports either international or national.
The disadvantages of newspapers for students
- Sometimes, news articles turn out to be fake, incorrect or misrepresents information or even misrepresents the information. Reading such news is confusing to students.
- Certain news articles and columns are not of the highest quality, making them difficult to be read.
- Once the news is out and distributed and if it proves to be to be inaccurate or needs revision it is not able to be revised or even recalled. This is one of the main disadvantages of printed newspapers as compared to online news platforms, which can be edited or deleted.
- Competitors can access certain products or items through advertisements in newspapers, which exposes their capabilities to them.
- Millions of newspapers are produced and discarded on newspapers each day, revealing the waste of trees and paper.
- Similar to other news mediums or platforms, heartbreaking news doesn’t come with warnings about triggers in newspapers. These kinds of incidents can make the reader feel uneasy or unsure.
- Today the political parties are publishing their newspapers. They are mainly focused on their positive aspects and expose the negative side of the other parties. These twisted facts divide nations and force the students to beg questions about their political system.
- The cost of newspapers is a lot of cash when they are bought for the purpose of knowing what happened in the past.
A newspaper reading experience has numerous advantages and disadvantages to readers of different age groups. It is likely to have numerous benefits since many educators and parents recommend that their children take a look at a section of the newspaper every day in order to increase their grammar, reading and vocabulary and to develop an habit of being in touch with world affairs. However, there are the drawbacks. Information that is personal or sensitive is usually published without permission, and no one is able to claim, cancel or remove it from the internet immediately, because after it’s released, it’s been published. But, the process of reducing informational articles, news blogs, articles or even columns for children in accordance with their age and their mindset is a big responsibility and it’s up to parents and teachers to study the contents prior to letting their children read it. Since reading newspapers daily and being aware of what’s happening influences how pupils think about their thoughts, and a distorted or negative attitude can’t rule the world.
Read Watan News Paper
Watan Newspaper was stablished 1991 in Washington DC. Watan is the Largest Arab American Newspaper Published by Watan News LLC. Registered at State of California.
Watan Newspaper Launched its Website in 1996, making it one of the first Arab news to launch its website.
Watan Relies on a Group of Reporters From Around the World and Includes a Team of Skilled Editors.
- Address: 10231 Brookhurst ST
- Anaheim, CA 92804
- D-U-N-S number: 116586929
- Nezam Mahdawi