The eyelashes serve as a barrier between the eyes and foreign objects like dust and pollen.
As sensors, they warn the eyes when something harmful is around.
The medical word for having scant or short eyelashes is eyelash hypotrichosis.
Hair loss caused by alopecia areata, or baldness, may cause some individuals to have thinner eyelashes.
For example, putting Vaseline to your eyelashes or rubbing lemon juice along your lash line are both “knowledge from the wistful old ladies” that can be found online in plenty (yuck).
These claims are unsubstantiated, and employing them might end up doing more harm than good to your eyelids and lash line if they are true.
The best course of action is to heed the counsel of experts and use tried-and-true techniques.
If we are being really honest, we have already done a lot to our lashes.
We spoke to experts to find out what works.
Lemon juice in the eye, on the other hand, does not.
You may also take vitamins for eyelash growth to achieve your goals.
Many natural therapies exist that you may try at home to increase the length and thickness of your eyelashes.
Many alternative home remedies may be found if you Google “how to grow eyelashes.”
These therapies have not been proven scientifically, and they might potentially be harmful to your eyes in certain cases.
Home remedies that claim to lengthen eyelashes but have not been scientifically shown to do so include the following:
- Every three nights, dab a little amount of petroleum jelly on your eyelashes and wash it off in the morning.
- Apply cool, unsweetened green tea soaked in a cotton ball every day to your eyelashes.
- Apply a little olive oil on your eyelashes before you go to bed at night, then wash it off in the morning.
- Lemon peel infused oil is optional; you may do it either way.
- Apply a little amount of castor oil on your eyelashes at night and rinse with warm water.
- Before you go to bed, apply some aloe vera gel on your eyelashes and let it sit there for a few minutes.
This tried-and-true technique yields longer eyelashes:
Increasing the length of your eyelashes is a medically proven procedure.
In order to lengthen and thicken eyelashes, the FDA has only approved Bimatoprost (Latisse).
Lumigan, a medicine originally meant to treat glaucoma, caused the eyelash growth as an unforeseen side effect.
The medicine Latisse, which you apply daily to the top lash line of the eyelid, may be prescribed by your doctor.
So, daily use for at least two months produces the best results.
After the initial dosage, take Latisse regularly for optimal results.
If you do not do anything, your eyelashes will go back to the way they were.
Source You Can Count On According to studies, Latisse is a safe and efficient treatment with little side effects for the majority of people.
Consequences that might arise:
- Scratchy and bloodshot eyes irritate the skin around the eyes.
- Eyelids that are swollen and closed.
- Increasingly darkened eyelids.
- The brown color on the iris has become richer.
- When eyelid medication is used incorrectly, it may lead to excessive hair growth around the eyes and on the cheekbones.
- Furthermore, avoid getting any chemicals, including eyelash extenders, into your eyes. The eyes are under a lot of strain.
- Ocular exposure to unnatural substances may damage eyesight and possibly cause blindness in severe cases.
Eyelash extension maintenance:
Good eyelash hygiene may assist to prevent damage and maintain the health of your eyelashes.
Moreover, it may create the appearance that they are broader and taller than they really are because of the perspective.
Follow these guidelines to maintain your eyelashes looking their best:
- Keeping up a regular eyelash brushing regimen.
- Wash your face and eyes with a gentle soap at least twice a day.
- Washing one’s face and removing one’s eye makeup is a nightly habit for many people.
To sum it up:
It is vital to keep potentially dangerous chemicals out of your eyes while using makeup or other eye makeup remover.
Also, if you are on medication, avoid getting any in your eyes so that you do not have any side effects.