Reddit users that are active usually keep themselves occupied. Not only do they go through their favorite subreddits, but they also actively write comments, provide feedback, discuss ideas with other users, and keep engaging conversations going via private messaging. Because of this, they will always have a full inbox, which necessitates the development of certain effective inbox management, one of which is the ability to delete undesired messages. You really need to be aware of how to delete messages on Reddit if you send and receive a large number of messages on the platform.
This is a comprehensive guide on Reddit delete messages. However, before we get into the meat of the matter, let’s go over some of the fundamentals of the Messaging/Chat feature that Reddit offers.
Messaging on Reddit
Reddit is an online social network consisting of registered members that may post on a wide variety of subjects, ranging from news to gossip, from education to entertainment, and so on and so forth. There is information available on almost anything. Reddit has implemented a messaging system for its users so that they may communicate with other Redditors, much as Facebook and Instagram have done.
In addition to this, Reddit allows users to delete their own messages. You may utilize this feature in the event that you accidentally send a message to another person, or just to keep a clean and organized inbox for yourself.
You are only able to remove private messages that you have received from other Redditors; you cannot delete messages that you have sent to other Redditors or that they have received from other Redditors. Because a copy of such communications will continue to be stored in the other person’s inbox until such time as they remove it from that location. Consequently, you have to exercise caution and attention if you are sending private messages on Reddit.
If you are one of the people who does not know about Reddit delete messages functionality and are eager to obtain a complete knowledge on it, then the following post is for you. It will explain everything.
Delete Reddit Inbox Messages Using Your Desktop Browser
If you want to delete Inbox Messages on a desktop, follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- Launch Reddit, then log in to your account using your credentials
- Go to the Inbox section of your Reddit account
- Find the message that you wish to remove
- Simply choose the message you want to erase and then click the “delete” option that appears next to it.
- When the confirmation window appears on the screen, click the checkbox to indicate that you want to remove the item.
That was all you needed to do in order to delete inbox messages that have been sent to you by other users of Reddit.
Delete Reddit Messages Using the Mobile App
Reddit users have finally been given the option to delete their Inbox messages using the mobile app. This change comes after a long wait. Both Android and iOS devices allow users to remove Reddit messages from their devices. In order to delete messages, you will need to follow the steps that are listed below:
- Launch the Reddit app on your mobile device, whether it’s Android or iOS.
- Sign in to your account using your credentials
- Proceed to the chat box that is located next to the post button.
- Find the message that you wish to remove from your inbox.
- When you press and hold the message for an extended period of time, options to “Delete” and “Copy” will appear. To go forward, use the “delete” button.
- Tap again on the “Delete” button in the pop-up that appears
Deleting a Reddit Chat Message
The chat feature on Reddit is technically distinct from the private message tool that Reddit provides. You have the ability to remove chat messages as a member of Reddit; however, the method for doing so varies depending on the platform you’re using to delete the Reddit message.
- In the case of the internet browser, you must first choose the message that you want to delete by moving your mouse pointer over it, and then you must click on the trash icon to get rid of that message.
- To delete a chat message in either the iOS or Android app, you must first tap and hold the message until the Delete message option appears, and then pick that option.