Today, the lifestyle of a majority of people has become synonymous with unhealthy habits. In such a case, the need for preventing diseases and illness has become a necessity. It is why most doctors recommend that people avail themselves of health check-ups designed to detect and recognize diseases in people. Thus, it paves the way for the elimination of health complications in future. Today, you can avail yourself of a Preventive Health Checkup at highly affordable prices. Moreover, you can receive the report of your results within a time period of 48hours. Thus, it’s an effective way to decrease healthcare’s financial strain by detecting health issues before they turn critical.
Who Should Opt for a Preventive Medical Health Check-up?
Anyone above the age of 30 should go for a preventive medical check-up. This type of test finds any scope for the occurrence of a wide range of diseases. Among them, the crucial ones are:
- Heart diseases
Typically, these lifestyle diseases originate from a high level of stress and not enough physical activity. Along with these factors, intake of unhealthy food is also a significant contributor. A prolonged period of stress coupled with an unhealthy lifestyle and sedentary routine leads to the slow deterioration of the general health of an individual. Many of the diseases listed above are ‘silent killers.’ It means that they damage a person’s health without them experiencing any symptoms. Thus, a 100% Accurate CAP accredited LAB Preventive Health Checkup helps a person immensely. Timely screening of these diseases is the key to avoiding fatal consequences in the future.
What Types of Tests Fall Under a Preventive Medical Health Check-up?
A preventive medical health check-up consists of various types of tests. Each type has different kinds of tests under it. These tests include the following:
- Cardiac indicators – Chest X-ray, Echocardiogram, ECG, Coronary Angiography
- Cancer markers – Breast Mammography for women who are more than 30 years, PAP Smear for women who are 40 years or more, PSA for men who are above 45 years of age
- Kidney – Blood Urea, Serum Creatinine, BUN
- Diabetes – Fasting and Random Blood Sugar
- Lipid Profile – LDL, HDL, Triglycerides, Cholesterol
- Liver – Serum Bilirubin, Liver enzymes
- Abdominal – Abdominal Ultrasound
- Thyroid – TSH, T4 and T3 level
What to Bear in Mind before Going for a Preventive Medical Health Check-up?
By opting for such a check-up, people can gain control over a medical ailment that can be in its starting phase. Many potentially fatal illnesses like cancer are usually not detected earlier. By the time people get to know about it, it’s usually very late. The treatment they avail of after the diagnosis thus does not give the desired outcome. This scenario can be avoided to a large extent by getting a preventive medical health check-up at least once a year.
Some things to consider when getting such a check-up includes:
- It is recommended that you have an empty stomach before the test.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes.
- If you are going for tests like X-ray, bone densitometry and CT scan, you should refrain from wearing any accessories.
- Commit yourself to regular check-ups and make healthy lifestyle changes if the need arises.
Today, the fast-paced lifestyle of many people has made them prone to acquiring diseases like diabetes and heart ailments. A preventive medical health check-up is thus recommended for every person above 30 years of age. They will get the right advice regarding lifestyle modifications, like diet, physical activity, and stress control, at the right time.
You can also read this
Gummy Vitamins: Are They as Effective as Regular Vitamin Pills?
Leave a Reply