With the advent of the jute industry in India, the first jute mill was established in the latter half of the eighteenth century in West Bengal. Since then, Bengal has been an important figure in not just the national but global jute industry. Mr. Ghanshyam Sarda, the pioneer of the Sarda Group of Industries, has been a powerhouse in single-handedly resuscitating the dying jute industry of India.
Mr. Ghanshyam Sarda and his contribution to the jute industry
From a humble beginning as a jute trader, Mr. Ghanshyam Sarda has been transforming the jute industry of India by establishing the Sarda Group of Industries. His efforts to bring new life to the dying jute mills of Bengal and other areas have saved lives. Unemployment had been hugely related to the dying jute industry due to the shutting down of several mills. Even the jute-growing farmers were left penniless. But his endeavor has proven to be successful on many levels – providing huge employment opportunities and creating a market for jute products in modern society.
Sarda Group of Industries: Impact on society and business
The Sarda Group of Industries is headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal. With the determination and selfless service of Mr. Ghanshyam Sarda, it has expanded its wings into various sectors like real estate, IT /ITES, and the service sector. Creating a major impact on the jute industry, he has positively changed the lives of numerous workers, traders, and other associates of the jute industry.
Mr. Ghanshyam Sarda is not only a business tycoon but also a social reformer with his efforts going into various social developmental works and campaigns. He has been hugely significant in a plethora of social works like:
- Generating employment for all – His works in various fields always had the central aim to create newer employment opportunities and increase the living standard of all the employee community. Be it immigrant workers, farmers, or any other employees. They have all been blessed with his path-breaking works and practices.
- Giving back to the underprivileged – He firmly believes in the youth of the country as they are the ones who can bring about positive and impactful change to society. His efforts to uplift the underprivileged and extend a hand of support have changed many lives. He aims to secure the future of society by omitting all underlying problems, including the lack of proper education for all.
- Merging work with training – Mr. Ghanshyam Sarda truly believes in the power of reviving dying art forms like that of jute. With the expansion of his jute business from West Bengal to Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh, he aims to make his workers learn everything about jute. He is planning to open several training centers across states to make the workers more efficient and aware.
- Promoting eco-friendliness amongst all – Mr. Sarda’s efforts to bring back the popularity of jute and related eco-friendly jute products have been significant. He has dedicated his life to saving the fading arts of jute and creating a great market for eco-friendly jute products. The only way he achieved it all was by believing in the power of jute and generating awareness of its value in society.
Mr. Ghanshyam Sarda’s steps to create a better society and improved lives
As one of the finest leaders of our society, Mr. Ghanshyam Sarda has always thrived to leave a positive mark on his associates and society as a whole. He has been an inspiration for many, prominently his son, Mr. Neetish Sarda, who has created his own greatly inspiring credibility in the world of entrepreneurship.
Mr. Ghanshyam Sarda has extended his concern and work in many societal needs like:
- The Kolkata Monorail Project – With the rising need for proper functioning transportation facilities in Kolkata, Mr. Ghanshyam Sarda has come up with the Kolkata Monorail Project. With the increased traffic load and constant transportation strikes, this need is one of the top priorities for the city. Malaysia-based Scomi Engineering is one of the major investors in the monorail project. With the initiative from the state’s honorable Chief Minister, a grand business summit was held in Singapore with active participation by Mr. Ghanshyam Sarda.
- Supporting the clean look of Kolkata – The ‘City of Joy’ has forever been a tourist destination. In the past few years, though, it has been scattered with garbage all over the place. This has majorly affected the entire look and feel of the city. Initiation by the Lions’ Club International, along with active support from Mr. Ghanshyam Sarda, has promised to bring about a positive change. Not just him, his entire team is very keen on making Kolkata a ‘Clean and Green’ city.
Not just a man of words but the right actions
Over the years, Mr. Ghanshyam Sarda has not just been a name, but it grew into an inspiration for many generations to come. His contribution towards various social causes has made others realize their potential to achieve greater success and live a better life. His fearless approach towards various problems has created a better society for everyone.