To ensure the smooth functioning of a Netgear Orbi device, it is important that its firmware gets updated regularly. However, sometimes, users fail to update the firmware of their Orbi routers. Are you amongst them? If the answer to the question is yes, then this article is written for you.
Here, we’ll tell you how to resolve the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue using a few simple troubleshooting tips. Let’s get started.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Failed
- Reboot Your Orbi Device
Restarting the device is the first step to get rid of technical issues. Therefore, follow the steps mentioned below and learn how to reboot your Netgear Orbi device:
- Power off your Netgear Orbi router and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Wait for some time.
- Thereafter, plug your wireless device back into the wall outlet. And, do not forget to turn it on.
Once you are done rebooting your device, check whether you are able to perform Netgear Orbi firmware update. If not, then it is recommended that you give the next troubleshooting hack a try.
- Check the Internet Connectivity
If your internet connection is working at a snail’s pace, then also you can come across the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure. Thus, make sure that the connection between your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem is strong.
If the Ethernet cable connecting your devices is worn out, get it replaced with a new one without giving it a second thought.
- Avoid WiFi Interference
WiFi interference is one of the major reasons why you are unable to update the firmware of your Orbi router to the latest version. So, without any further ado, relocate your Orbi device. And ensure that it is kept away from cordless phones, treadmills, washing machines, televisions, aluminum studs, baby monitors, microwave ovens, refrigerators, mirrors, fish tanks, etc.
- Bring Your Orbi Devices Closer
Another thing that you can do to get out of the mess you’re currently in is to bring your Netgear Orbi router and satellite closer.
Once you’ve taken care of that, follow the below-mentioned steps and try to perform Netgear Orbi firmware update.
How to Update Firmware of Your Netgear Orbi Device?
Note: Before you start with the Netgear Orbi firmware update process, make sure that your device is receiving a fluctuation-free power supply from the wall socket.
- Switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser on your WiFi-enabled device.
- Whatever internet browser you use, just make sure that it is updated.
- Once assured, type orbilogin net in the address bar of your internet browser.
- Press the Enter key.
- Fill in the default username and password of your Orbi device, and click Log In.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will appear on your computer screen.
- Head over to the Settings menu.
- Under the Maintenance option, select Firmware Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish performing Netgear Orbi firmware update.
So, were you able to successfully update the firmware of your Orbi device this time? If you’re still having a hard time trying to do so, then reset your wireless router. Here’s how:
Steps to Reset Netgear Orbi Router
- Look for the Reset button located on your Netgear Orbi router.
- Once found, carefully press it using an oil pin.
- Now, wait for a second or two and let your device get restored to the default mode.
As soon as you have finished resetting your device, access the Netgear Orbi login page and reconfigure it.
Coming across the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue isn’t a new thing for Orbi users. However, if you walk through the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this post, then there’s nothing that can stop you from updating the firmware of your wireless device to the latest version.